Organization: Elah Centrum
Location: Israel or Amsterdam. Remote can be discussed
Language: Dutch + Hebrew and/or English
Time commitment: Initially part time. Freelance can also be discussed
What is Elah?
Elah was founded in 1979 by and for immigrants from the Netherlands,
and was one of the pioneers in Israel in the field of psycho-social assistance to Holocaust survivors. Over the years, we have expanded our field of work, and today we are helping thousands of people who are in emotional distress, or coping with loss or trauma. Our target groups include Holocaust survivors and their families, families who experienced sudden and traumatic loss, and families of fallen soldiers.
As one of the oldest and most experienced trauma centers, Elah has become a leading organization for support in the event of loss and bereavement.
Elah provides a broad range of services, including individual, couple, family and group therapy, psychiatric counseling, and a wide variety of social and group activities.
Our team consists of over 300 therapists: social workers, psychologists, psychotherapists, couple and family therapists, a sex therapist, art, drama and music therapists, animal therapists, bibliotherapists, a clinical criminologist and spiritual caregivers. In addition, Elah is assisted by almost 100 volunteers.
Elah cooperates with government institutions, non-profits, and businesses, and seeks to improve professional care through the introduction and distribution of new models of treatment, in an effort to contribute to the well-being of our clients, and to the creation of a more resilient society.
● Serve as community manager for Dutch social media accounts, producing and curating content that reflects communications priorities and key messages and speaks effectively to the audience.
● Monitor and moderate social media posts, intervening as appropriate to answer questions and guide the conversation.
● Help produce social media content from the field, including photos and short videos that showcase Elah’s operational work
● Train colleagues to use social media effectively, including Elah employees and field-based therapists
● Help develop high-impact social media content including graphics, videos and other multimedia formats that effectively informs and engages external audiences and supports media and advocacy campaigns.
● Collect and analyze social media metrics to gauge reach, engagement and other performance measures for social media posts, accounts and campaigns, helping to inform results-based decision making and drive the effective use of resources.
● 3+ years professional experience with social media management and/or digital marketing activities
● Sophisticated understanding of multimedia content, including how it can best be produced, packaged, published and shared on websites, and on social media
● Excellent communication and editorial skills.
● Experience producing and interpreting web or social media analytics to inform strategies and work plans
● Strong editorial judgement, including ethical and political awareness.
● Proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute ideas as well as transfer knowledge and skills.
● Proven skills in communication, networking, negotiation, and ability to relate to different audiences.
● Excellent command of English
● Education: University degree in communications, political science, international relations or a related field.
● Experience with social media management in journalism, advocacy, non profit, therapy, etc
● Experience with producing, editing and disseminating multimedia content for online audiences ideally for media outlets, international brands, political parties, NGOs, or other international institutions.
● Experience using advanced tools for online publishing, including content management systems and social media authoring tools
● Experience working in sensitive and fast-moving news, communications, advocacy and/or fundraising contexts.
● Dutch and/or Hebrew speaking
● Excellent computer skills (MS Office essential; Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe Premiere Pro an asset). Familiarity with Slack and Trello an asset.